Mindfulness – 8 session course
WILLOUGHBY ON THE WOLDS
Thursday 28th September – Thursday 23rd November (no session on 26th October)
- The course is CPD accredited and we provide certificates.
- No prior experience or knowledge of mindfulness needed.
- the course is open to all – you can talk as much or as little as you like.
- There are a couple of reduced price spaces available for those in financial difficulty – please contact me for details.
£195.00 (including a booklet with guidance & a free App). Open to all, including beginners.
If those dates / venue doesn’t work please contact me to register your interest for future courses.
**LONG EATON AND TOTON – Courses will soon be available – please contact me if you are interested.
What is Mindfulness?
- Mindfulness is the ability to be fully present, to pay attention to and see clearly whatever is happening in our lives. It will not eliminate life’s pressure, but it can help us to respond to them in a calmer way.
- You will be shown simple techniques which help train the brain to spend more time in the present, instead of thinking about the past which we cannot change, or about the future which we cannot predict.
What are the benefits of Mindfulness?
- Over time, Mindfulness can bring about long-term changes in mood and levels of happiness and wellbeing. Scientific studies have shown that Mindfulness positively affects the brain patterns underlying day-to-day anxiety, stress, depression and irritability so that when they arise, they dissolve away again more easily.
- Mindfulness is recommended by the NHS “as a way to help reduce stress and anxiety whilst also increasing resilience for the future.” NHS Choices, 2016.
“Even brief periods of Mindfulness practice can lead to objectively measured higher cognitive skills, such as improved reaction times, working memory functioning and decision-making.” Mindful Nation All Parliamentary Report, 2015
Please contact Emma.