Hi everyone! I was just reading an article about fitness tricks to fit into your life and they reminded me of ways we can practice informal mindfulness throughout the day too.
Here are a few you might like to try:
– First thing in the morning doing a full body stretch from head to toe like a
(make it mindful by noticing how your body feels)
– While the kettle boils plant your feet hip-width apart, lace your fingers and stretch up to the ceiling (make it mindful by noticing physical sensations and the sound of the kettle)
– Help your balance by standing on one leg when brushing your teeth or as your tea brews (make it mindful by noticing feelings in your body doing the balance and notice any thoughts like “this feels strange” “this is hard”)
– When you are using your phone try standing or walking (this can make you mindful of how much we can be on our phones!!)
– Do squats or lunges as you load the washing machine, weed the garden or hoover (make them mindful by noticing physical sensations and thoughts)
App update – our new app has had some more updates added and is FREE to download. It features a variety of guided practices, stories, FAQs and resources to support your own practice. Enjoy!
Download for iOS
Download for Android
You can also find them in the stores by searching: Present Mind Mindfulness